by Susan Burton for Re-Invent a Work of Art (2013)
This project has two sides to it.
1. The base is made from the Canvas Board which has been painted.
2. The vertical board is made from the large Oak Plywood piece, it has been painted on one side
and painted and wood burned on the opposite side to depict wood grain.
3. The dove and pigeons are sculpted from the Sculpey Polymer Clay and they have been painted.
4. The chickens are sculpted from the Chavant Modeling Clay and painted.
5. The broom stick is made from a Wooden Dowel, the bristles are made from the Rope, and
they are held in place with Steel Wire that has been covered with the Rope.
6. The vine is made from the Rope and the leaves are made from the Floral Foam Block and painted.
7. The wooden crate is made from a block of the wood that has been carved out with a dremel
tool, wood burned and painted.
8. The feed box is made from the Hardwood, glued together and painted.
9. The cabbage is sculpted from Chavant Modeling Clay and painted.
10. The bucket is made from the Hardwood, wired with the Steel Wire and Glued together.
11. The straw on the ground and in the crate is made from pieces of the Rope cut into pieces and
12. The flying dove is anchored to the wall with a piece of the Steel Wire.
13. The material draped over the crate is made with the Canvas Cloth that has been painted.
14. All birds have Steel Wire frames.
"Chickens, Ducks and Ducklings Paddling"
1. The window is made from the Hardwood wood burned and painted.
2. The ducks are sculpted from the Chavant Modeling Clay and painted.
3. The pond water is made from the Friendly Plastic Pellets, glued into place with the Glue Stick
4. The grass is made from the Rope cut into pieces and separated and then painted.
5. All of the pieces are glued into place with the bottle of Glue included in the supply box.
"The Little Girl"
1. Her head and body are sculpted from the Chavant Modeling Clay and painted.
2. Her hat and dress are made from the Canvas Cloth and has been painted.
3. Her hair is made from the Rope and painted.
I always wondered what it would be like to be in a photo or a painting, so I made a "kind of me" sculpture of a girl and placed it in my project.