Veva Dunckel for Re-Invent a Work of Art (2013)
Inspiration Piece: Pomegranate/Mural hotel terrance
Inspiration Artist: Calder/Miro
1. Wooden pieces were drawn and cut out with a scroll saw.
2. Each piece was painted and decorated to capture Miro shapes and color (added beads corrugated cardboard and rope)..
3. Box stand was cut, painted and glued.
4. Wire was bent to resemble Calder sculpture, and attached to the box stand.
5. Wire was attached to back of each piece with scrap wood and glue, and hung separately.
It was interesting and educational to study each artist work and select possible components.